I cannot believe it is already time to start thinking of Spring Break! Well, actually, I sadly turned my heat on for the first time this season on Saturday and I’m scared for the impending cold! Haha, so maybe this post is perfect timing 🙂
Even though the only part of the West Coast I have been to is California, I feel that my type of lifestyle is in the PNW! Yes, I’ve seen AND read Wild by Cheryl Strayed (and Fifty Shades, yes I know), but even before that, I had been intrigued by what it has to offer. My brother and sister-in-law went one summer and provided some great tips as I start planning as well as when I am actually over there!
Here are some key places I am hoping to check out while I’m in the Pacific Northwest next year.
- Powell’s Books
- OBVIOUSLY. I’ve been dreaming of this multi-story, multi-room oasis for so long! Don’t be surprised if I emerge with books in one arm and all the promo gear in the other!
- FC Portland Timbers
- I finally saw my first soccer match this summer, whelp I had to leave at the half BUT maybe I can see the WHOLE match in Portland.
- Japanese Gardens
- I am a sucker for beauty in nature. Something so calming and immersive. Plus, probably good reading and insta spots 🙂
- Stumptown Coffee Roasters
- Adding to my coffeeshop crawl across America, I’ll get some tastings here along with a book from Powell’s.
- Pike Place Market
- The iconic market where they throw the fish! It will be nice to stop through here for a nice meal and get to know the locals.
- The original. Where it all started.
- If the Phillies play them the time I am there, it will be fate. Otherwise, I’ll still go haha.
- Museum of Pop Culture
- Not sure if this is a staple of Seattle, but it just looked like fun!
- Space Needle
- Now this IS one of the staples of Seattle, although I’m not the best with heights…
I’ve been trying to have this trip for a few years and it’s on my 30 Before 30 so fingers crossed! Let the planning (and booking) begin!
Where would you go in Seattle/Portland?