Once a month, my crew meets for a wine and dine at our local wine bar! Many of us are part of the Big Ass Glass club which is a double pour for the price of one in a large glass – a one-time fee! For some reason, I’ve been going here for the last 4 years and STILL haven’t made the commitment haha. Anyway, we’ve had a couple of book club meetings here as well and I am fascinated by the types of wines and how they pair – mostly with foods BUT since this is a book blog, you can see where this is going :). I will preface that I have a very basic frame of knowledge for wine!
Today we are tackling a flight of Reds. I should say that I am usually not a fan of Reds – something about them being room temperature throws me off! Still, there is an appeal to them.
- An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
- Characteristics: ripens late, older and more aggressive, hearty and powerful
- The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George
- Characteristics: easy to like, agreeable, versatile
- He Said/She Said by Erin Kelly
- Characteristics: most demanding, least predictable, surprising density
Next week, we’re diving into a flight of White Wines!
What book and red wine pairings would you make?