It is that time of year again! Ever since my first Blogging Retreat at the end of last year, I have been looking forward to seeing what has worked well and what needs improvement. This mid-year retreat, I’ve laid out a few activities and action items to check in on my blogging as well as strategic plan for the rest of the year. Take a look at what I have planned for this weekend’s retreat:
- In order to know where I am going, I have to see where I have been! The SWOT covers the following (in this case, in reference to everything on my blog: content, posting, social media, engagement, design, etc.)
- I had set out to do a regular posting, engagement, and reposting schedule. Time to look at the analytics in comparison to other years and refresh the social media plan
- This year, I wanted to have more personal content as well as some regular features (WWW, monthly and Goodreads Recaps, series, etc.) I want to look at which were more engaging and brainstorm new ideas.
- Additionally, as I lean into more design elements, like redesigning book covers, where does that fit into the content and how should it be displayed? Portfolio style?
- To reach my 85 books goal for the reading challenge, I aimed to read about 2 books a week. Looking at my social and professional calendar for the rest of the year, will this still work out and what are my realistic goals to finish out 2018? This also means looking at the medium of which I read: physical, audio, and electronic.
- The blog has gone through several design updates, the most recent being in line with my minimalist lifestyle. However, is the platform conducive to the goals and purpose of the blog?
- Probably the biggest topic I have been toying with for the last 3 years of blogging – whether or not to bite the bullet and purchase a more advanced, professional, and flexible plan for my website. A pro/con list will be instituted for sure!
What else should I think about and act on during my mid-year retreat?