Any reading plans for April 28th?
What is Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-thon? For 24 hours, we read books, post to our blogs, Twitters, Instagrams, Litsy, Facebook, Goodreads and MORE about our reading, and visit other readers’ homes online. We also participate in mini-challenges throughout the day. It happens twice a year, in April and in October.
It was created by the beloved Dewey from The Hidden Side of a Leaf (her blog is archived at the Wayback Machine). The first one was held in October 2007. Dewey died in late 2008. We’re still saddened by her absence, but the show must go on. The read-a-thon was renamed to honor its founder in 2009.
Preparation for this main event is quite the endeavor:
- Pre-make all meals or have them pre-ordered for delivery the day before
- Pick shorter books
- If one book isn’t holding your attention, switch to another
- Inform those you know that you are busy! 🙂
- Plan breaks to get up and walk around, get the blood flowing and energy back
- Relax. This is supposed to be stress-free and a break from reality 🙂
Here is a list of books I’m planning on reading (some if not all):
What are you planning for Dewey’s Read-a-thon on April 28th?