This weekly meme is brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
April 25: Top Ten Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Buy/Read A Book
- Any talking animals/narrated by animal
- Tie-in movie covers – they’re too shiny AND not the original!
- Biographies/History Books/Textbooks – too many dates and doesn’t read like a story
- Cliche cover/title – self-explanatory
- Priced too high – most hardbacks, sorry
- Errors – grammatical, format, etc.
- First 100 pages don’t engage me
- Names/Places I can’t pronounce – I get caught up in reading it correctly that I miss what is happening
- Too many stories/plot lines – confusing!
- Unable to understand the fictitious world created – most sci-fi
What are your Top Ten Things That Will Make You Instantly NOT Want To Buy/Read A Book?