This weekly meme is brought to you by The Broke and The Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post and, if you want to, add your name to the Linky widget on that day’s posts (typically put up midnight EST on Tuesday) so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don’t have a blog, just post your answers as a comment.
January 17th: Top Ten OCD Bookish Habits
- Carrying a book everywhere I go – Very Rory Gilmore/Anne of Green Gables
- Aligning the spines up evenly on my shelf – Horizontally, I don’t push all of them until they hit the back of the shelf
- Removing the jackets from hardcovers when reading – They just get in the way, plus I feel more academic with a naked hardback 😉
- Not bending/breaking the spine of a book – Gotta keep it crisp
- Embossing the title pages with my name before lending books out – Just in case they forget who it belongs too!
- Have a regular bookmark and a “goal-by-the-end-of-the-day” bookmark – It makes me feel accomplished when I reach that point.
- Using post-it flags and highlighting – Some nuggets and quotes are too good to pass up and not return to.
- Stopping at the end of the chapter or a clear break in the content – Or else I feel lost when I come back to the book, regardless of how short of a time it’s been
- Reading the cover summary before, halfway through, and at the end of the book – In case I missed something!
- Using my hand to cover the last few paragraphs so I don’t spoil the end! – My eyes like to dart around the page 🙂
What are your Top Ten OCD Bookish Habits?