What Are You Reading Wednesdays #WAYRW is a weekly feature on It’s A Reading Thing. Everyone is welcome to participate. You can answer the questions in the comments section of the weekly #WAYRW post or link back to your #WAYRW post on your blog via the link up. You can grab the image above or create your own, just please make sure you link back to IART as the host for this meme.
How to participate:
Grab the book you are currently reading and answer three questions:
1. What’s the name of your current read?
2. Go to page 34 in your book or 34% in your eBook and share a couple of sentences.
3. Would you like to live in the world that exists within your book? Why or why not?
- This is Where I Leave You
- “Movie directors often shoot funerals in the rain. The mourners stand in their dark suits under large black umbrellas, the kind you never have handy in real life, while the rain falls symbolically around them, on grass and tombstones and the roofs of cars, generating atmosphere”
- So far in the book, it feels like quite a dysfunctional family. Right, who doesn’t have one? However, the anger and betrayal that is present I would not want to be a part of. I am interested to see how sitting in shiva potentially brings the family closer together as right now they have their own judgements and past experiences to assess who the individuals in the family are.
What are you reading this Wednesday?